Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And then there were three!

I'm like a proud Mama Bear...three of the four chickens are now laying!  I tried to snap a picture tonight of the three different eggs, but my camera battery died & I'm simply too lazy at the moment to charge it.  We'll have plenty more eggs...more opportunities to snap a picture.  

The pictures below are of the first two girls & their eggs...  The brown egg we believe is from Fenway, our Plymouth Rock White.  The green is most likely from our Ameraucana (or Auraucana or Easter Egger - each type of chicken is hard to define so we're not sure exactly what type of chicken she is, but she does have the blue egg gene).  These eggs can, depending on the type of bird, range in any color of blue, green, pink, yellow, or khaki.  The newest egg is more similar to the green egg in size & shape, but it is a pinkish tan.



And to follow, a few pictures I snapped of blackbirds splashing around in a puddle across the street.  They're not the most endearing bird - loud, raucous, & they run off the cuter birds - but it was fun to watch them in a moment of play...


2 comments:

montanamom123 said...

I love all your new pictures! Glad the girls are behaving, whew, now they don't have to become dinner. The fourth one is moral support for the other three. :)

Sonja said...

Those are beautiful! I love the easter eggs