Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gidget!

I took a trip to the Dog & Cat Shelter on Saturday afternoon to look around and went home with a new best friend. :) When I first started looking around, I liked a smaller black lab/retriever mix and took him out in the dog run to play. Unfortunately, he was extremely hyper and not quite a good fit. I took him back inside and decided to take out the other pup I had noticed - a 1 yr 4 mos lab/retriever mix named Gidget. It was love at first sight! She's housetrained and understands basic commands - unfortunately, whoever trained her probably did so with negative reinforcement, not positive reinforcement. She's docile and quiet, but can be timid if she thinks someone's yelling at her. She needs a little more TLC than a pup that's been taken care of, but she came to the right house. Good with kids, cats, and other dogs, including Guinness & Brewer. I probably would've changed her name, but she answers to Gidget and I don't want to cause confusion. I'm so excited to be part of a long, happy life with her!



2 comments:

montanamom123 said...

She is adorable. I loved walking her and she and I will stay in good shape, I cannot believe somebody gave her up, but I'm sure glad she is with you now.
Mama

Teacher Voice said...

Finally, a cute 'being' in the family:) Love the dog already and haven't even met her!

Great choice sis,

love,
us