Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Running

Check out my new running shoes! Aren't they fantastic? Found a great deal at www.roadrunnersports.com and took the plunge ($49! That's unheard of for decent running shoes). I was incredibly past due for a new pair and was beginning to feel the effects of old, broken-down running shoes. According to all the research I've done on running, shoes should be replaced every 400-500 miles. The shoes I ran in before this pair were from June, when I rain the Big Horn Mountain Trail Run. Speaking of the Big Horn Trail Run...this year I've decided to challenge myself and have signed up for the 50K (~31 miles). Not only was I ready to attempt this run after having run the 30K last year, but I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to sign up for the 30K. When a race is in a National Forest, as is the Big Horn Trail Run, many times the races are given a limitation on the number of runners. The most popular race, the 30K fills within days of registration. Check out the webste: www.bighorntrailrun.com It hasn't been updated for the 2008 race, but it's a great website and has all sorts of information.

1 comment:

montanamom123 said...

We'll be at the finish line cheering you on!
Mama