Monday, May 4, 2009

Beautiful views, tough run

Thurs
Strictly strength class (same routine as Tues)

Fri
Cycling class

Sat
Beaver Creek Slide fun run 1/2 marathon (actually 13.4 miles) - I beat last year's time by 7 minutes!! The run was tough, thanks to the hills, but the weather was beautiful & it was great to enjoy the sunshine. I carried my camera with me (practicing b/c I plan to carry the camera for a few of my other runs) & snapped two pictures (below). The run takes place closer to the foothills of the Big Horns & always promises great views.
Right past the first aid station ~5 miles

Heading up one of the (many) hills - ok, yes, running 13.4 miles is not easy, but these views make it all worth it. Notice the extremely muddy road; this is typical for a good portion of the run, making it messy & supremely fun. Although the added weight from mud build-up makes the hills that much harder...

1 comment:

Linds and Danny said...

Those pics are pretty! Congrats on shaving seven minutes off your previous time!