Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cake taste testing? Why yes, I'd love to

My dear mom offered to make our wedding cake - we gladly accepted.  Not only will it save money (yeesh, it is RIDICULOUS how much places charge when "wedding" is in the description), but it will be so much more memorable knowing she made it.  Needless to say, my dad, Steve & I have been more than willing taste tasters. My mom has always been an excellent baker - she always made me the coolest birthday cakes growing up (including a 3-D doll cake).  She's in the process of practicing her recipes, as she wants to make sure it will be the.best.wedding.cake.  I have no doubts, but I understand the perfectionist attitude.  We've tried a few flavors, both of cake, filling, & frosting; as of now, we've narrowed it down but plan more taste-testing sessions.


This is a picture of our first taste-testing, when my parents visited us on their way to MT.  Wine, cake, frosting...I was one happy girl.  Our table was full & before long, so were our stomachs!  :)

No comments: