Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes, take two

As you might recall, I attempted rainbow cupcakes a few weeks ago with little success.  I decided to give them another go for a New Year's party.  Again, I used this batter recipe, but also tried the frosting recipe.  As you can see below, even trying a new technique with the batter (completely covering the previous layer), they didn't turn out as it shows on the website.  However, they did turn out better looking than the last round. The frosting, on the other hand, was a smashing success!  To keep the frosting festive, I followed the frosting technique from here.  Everyone at the party loved the look of the cupcakes.  I'm not sure if I'll continue trying rainbow batter, but the frosting is definitely to be used again.






2 comments:

montanamom123 said...

I think both cupcakes and frosting look wonderful. If you bake me some I'll eat them. :)
Mama

Sonja said...

I thought immediately of your cupcakes when I saw this cake: http://jordanferney.blogspot.com/2010/02/rainbow-party.html Boy that would be a lot of work...