Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Workouts

Sun
Rest

Mon
Run 0.75 mi to Y
Run 2 mi on dreadmill
Cycling class
Run 0.75 mi home
Zumba
~I was a very tired lady at the end of the day...~

Tues
Snowshoeing!  Only for about an hour, but it was an absolutely lovely day
PowerFlex

I'm SO EXCITED to see that one of our local sports stores (the same store that puts on the Bighorn Trail Run) will be having a snowshoe race on February 27.**  Now the question is...do I sign up for the 5K or 10K??  Mind you, I've never done a snowshoe race before & even with all the snowshoe "running" I've been doing recently, it's only within the 1-2 mi range.  My good angel (or maybe in this case it's my naughty angel?) immediately says "Yes!  10K!  Sign up for the 10K!  Challenge challenge challenge!"  The other angel is quietly whispering "6.2 miles on snowshoes?  Are you outta your f***ing mind?!  Stick with the 5K, it will be tough enough."

Most of it will depend on the trails.  As you've read in my recent posts, I was only able to do short bursts of running while on snowshoes.  Today, I was out snowshoeing with the pups, but the trails have become much more packed down due to higher volume of traffic & warmer weather.  I noticed I was able to run slowly for much longer periods of time on the packed trails.  Ah, decisions, decisions...

**Note:  If you happened to go to the race calendar website I posted above, you may have noticed the incredibly odd name they picked.  The local sports store is called The Sports Stop, but they created this race calendar website & called it WASP Wyoming.  Oops.  Um, not sure who decided on the acronym or name, but let's just say they probably would not be able to get away with such a name in any other state...  Welcome to Wyoming.

1 comment:

montanamom123 said...

As the dogs proved, the food looks yummy! Never heard of banana syrup, I'll have to look for it.