Friday, April 3, 2009

Blog it & log it

As you can see, I have yet to post St. Paddy's Day beer tasting pictures. I only managed two snaps & am awaiting pictures from friends better at bringing out their cameras & actually taking pictures. In the meantime, I've posted two videos taken on my cell phone of the dogs & their snow antics. The top video is of Gidget when I took her on a walk on the bike path behind my house - it's quiet enough I can usually let her off leash & she can run around all she wants. Her favorite part of snow: burying her face deep down as if a small mouse is taunting her. The bottom video is of Brewer & Gidget entertaining themselves with a stick.

I've decided to begin using my blog as a workout log. I like to keep track of my workouts but find it difficult to write down my workouts on a regular basis. I would also like to blog more often. Thus, combine the two! I will be forced to blog more often & posting the workouts will keep me focused. No excuses when everyone & their mother can see your progress. To play catch-up, here's a quick rundown of this past week:

-Sunday: Thanks to the indoor gym at Casa Ramirez, Steve & I managed a workout before leaving the Black Hills to head home after a weekend of skiing. ~25 min on elliptical, ~20 min on stationary bike, creating my own "spinning class"

-Monday: SNOW DAY! But, ladies & gents, this did not stop my desire to workout. :) I created my own Crossfit workout: 100 step-ups using 10# db (dumbells) on 14 in. step (50 ea leg), 50 10# db swings, 50 walking lunges, 50 situps, 5o pushups, 50 supermen

-Tuesday: 3.6 mi run w/Gidget (snow one day, beautiful weather the next...welcome to WY), Strength training class (I teach this class but will also do the routine with the class), "endurance" 20 reps/machine

-Wednesday: Crossfit: 5X 30 GH (glute-ham situps), 25 back extensions (substituted GH situps on Swiss ball & supermen for back ext); ~10 min on rower; Cycling class

-Thursday: Much needed REST

-Friday (tentative): Crossfit: 5X Run 400M, 15 OH squats (overhead squats - # to be determined); Cycling class (not tentative...)

Future posts shouldn't be as lengthy - I hope to post, at a minimum, every 2-3 days (every day would be ideal).

Have a wonderful weekend ya'll!

3 comments:

Linds and Danny said...

I have been doing the endurance part more than the strength stuff...need to focus on both! Did you research proper rowing technique? Remember, your bro was a rower:) I secretly love the rowing machine (called an "erg" in the rowing cults.) Interview went great! Keep up the posts, love reading it...

Chicky said...

You may need to give me a proper rowing lesson. :) But don't forget, your lil' sis did crew, albeit for a VERY short period of time. I also love the rowing machine ("erg")! The machines in our gym have games on them - I usually play the games because it makes the time go by faster. :)

montanamom123 said...

I think the puppies are adorable.